05/17/10 – 4,341 Steps
30 minutes of exercise
05/18/10 – 6,635 Steps
8 glasses of water in!
Good morning Mintdom!
Who would have thought that getting 8 glasses of water down in one day would be so challenging! My dear sister, Becky helped because we have a bet going that we need to drink 8 glasses of water a day and the first one that doesn’t has to buy the other one a manicure. I swear, I think she fudged her water intake so I would not lose! LOL She is the one who found the water picture and she will send me an e-mail with 5 of those photos to remind me to drink.
Anyway, we both have 1 day under our belts. The bet lasts until the end of May. Hopefully it will be a habit by then.
“Water is the only drink for a wise man.” – Henry David Thoreau
If you find it difficult to get in your 8 glasses of water a day as I do, here are a couple of tips that I learned.
- Drink water through a straw (this is a help for me)
- Put a little flavoring in your water (not for me)
- Buy a huge jug to keep your water with you (mine is an obnoxious green so I see it on my desk)
- Drink one glass of water the first thing when you wake up. (not for me)
- Weight Watchers allows you to count one decaffeinated drink as water per day (not part of my bet)
- Keep cold water in your refrigerator (ice water burns more calories)
- Make a bet with my sister (or a friend) LOL
How much water do you drink in a day? If you have additional tips, please feel free to share them here
AffirMINTion: I love to drink water!
Make it a GREAT day, IF you choose to.
What are you waiting for?
Life is good!